We provide the horticulture industry with innovative eco-friendly products of the highest quality, large selections, a wide distribution network and unsurpassed customer service. We are dedicated to partnering with our customers to help them grow their business by continually investing in product innovation and ecologically responsible practices. Nursery Supplies, Inc. (NSI) helps our customers see more “green” by partnering with them to help them grow their business. We are the only company manufacturing blow molding, injection molding and large-scale thermoforming products dedicated to the nursery industry.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Plant Manager at our Kissimmee, FL plant. This key leadership position will provide overall leadership and Supply Chain management for functions relating to our manufacturing facility. This includes Manufacturing, Safety, Finished Product Manufacturing, Distribution, QA, Shipping, Logistics, and Maintenance of our 24-7 plant operations. If you like rolling your sleeves up and getting involved to drive manufacturing excellence, this is the place for you!
- Leads and sets the daily operations for the Plant team.
- Establishes the plans to assure consistency with the corporate vision and direction.
- Building a culture of employee engagement
- Developing plan to achieve the Plant’s goals
- Owns talent management for the plant including but not limited to employee development, employee performance reviews, and succession planning
- Meet the customer’s expectations by ensuring product availability meets the demands of customers
- Provides for effective labor relations within the operations unit by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent
- Build and own the plant financial budget for all operations, including variable and period budgets and meeting key performance indicators that are aligned with the business matrix at the Division level
- Leads and directs cost and operational improvement initiatives, including raw material yield and reliability, to ensure that the Plant is producing and shipping the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost
- Ensure all guidelines of Six Sigma, and OSHA standards are in compliance
- Oversees and ensures compliance of all policies and procedures for the total facility including health, safety, sanitation, environmental processes, quality, and safety
- Partner and collaborate with corporate functions
- Leads, supports and embraces a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility. Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10-15 years in plant manufacturing, preferably plastics related, with at least 5 years in plant management and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline. Years of relevant working experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate people, establish goals, and drive continuous performance improvement.
- Must have advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
This position works primarily in a manufacturing plant. Some exposure to fumes and airborne particles for the duration of the shift. The employee works with moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud (protective ear and eye wear must be worn at all times).
While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. You will stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. You will occasionally be required to climb or balance. You must regularly lift and/or move between 25 and 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Nursery Supplies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.