Plastics Holdings, Inc. (PHI), a division of Nursery Supplies, Inc., provides a large selection of innovative, eco-friendly products of the highest quality to the horticulture industry. Through our wide distribution network, we provide unsurpassed customer service for the ultimate customer experience. We are dedicated to strategically partnering with our customers to assist them in growing their business by continually investing in product innovation and ecologically responsible practices so they can see more “green.” We are an industry leader who manufactures blow molding, injection molding, and large-scale thermoforming products dedicated to the nursery industry.
The Buyer supports the manufacturing plant to ensure availability of all quality products and services to maintain production and performance goals at a cost that is economical and beneficial to the Company. The Buyer is responsible for source selection, recommendation, and all procurement functions directly or indirectly associated with PHI need for products and services. The Buyer supports the implementation of programs for supplier selection, supplier performance management, and supply base optimization.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and other departments and locations to ensure timely delivery of products and services.
- Find sources for recycled raw materials to meet quantity requirements/specifications to support production goals.
- Secure and analyze quotations from current and potential suppliers.
- Negotiate price and terms of products and services consistent with PHI purchasing practices and procedures.
- Draft and issue purchase orders, send to vendor/supplier, and follow through to completion. Ensure appropriate level of communication with internal customer and/or vendor/supplier.
- Reconcile invoices and identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Manager relative to strategic sourcing to leverage PHI buying power.
- Stay abreast of market trends, market prices, etc. on products and services purchased and make recommendations accordingly.
- Confer with current and prospective suppliers to ensure supplier qualification by determining supply capabilities, transportation logistics, capacities/availability, and legitimacy.
- Partner with internal customers and/or external suppliers to resolve all quality issues.
- Visit supplier facilities to qualify them as new sources and/or assist in the resolution of production, quality, or delivery issues.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent required; Associate’s preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems such as JD Edwards.
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain procurement in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge and skill in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong math skills and knowledge with the ability to compute inventory quantities and percentages with the ability to analyze and compare cost differences.
- Ability to establish relationships with internal and external customers with strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Nursery Supplies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.