Injection Molding Process Technician
|Title:||Injection Molding Process Technician|
INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS TECHNICIAN
Plastics Holdings, Inc. (PHI), a division of Nursery Supplies, Inc., provides the horticulture industry with innovative eco-friendly products of the highest quality, large selections, a wide distribution network and unsurpassed customer service. We are dedicated to partnering with our customers to help them grow their business by continually investing in product innovation and ecologically responsible practices. Nursery Supplies, Inc. (NSI) helps our customers see more “green” by partnering with them to help them grow their business. We are the only company manufacturing blow molding, injection molding and large-scale thermoforming products dedicated to the nursery industry.
The Process Technician oversees all the facets of the process on molding machines. Specific duties include:
- Maintain efficient cycle times and scrap rate.
- Processing in molds and machinery to produce highest quality parts, best cycle after material hangs or mold changes.
- Troubleshooting machines and molds: Help to locate problems so that maintenance can get them fixed, this helps to keeps machinery running consistently.
- Maintain current process control sheets and a process card or sheet on each machine, and also a log of past molds
- Various improvement ideas and continued lean type changes.
- Help to ensure proper quality of parts, including designing or helping to change practices, measuring, rotations, and so on … Then training and passing that info to each shift.
- Properly shimming and adjusting molds and assist in training shift supervisors and floor people in understanding how to shim molds or adjust inserts.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Ability to lift 25 to 60 pounds.
- Ability to read and write using basic English. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow company required safety policies and procedures; this includes wearing required personal protection equipment (PPE).
Plastics Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.