3rd SHIFT SUPERVISOR
We provide the horticulture industry with innovative eco-friendly products of the highest quality, large selections, a wide distribution network and unsurpassed customer service. We are dedicated to partnering with our customers to help them grow their business by continually investing in product innovation and ecologically responsible practices. Nursery Supplies, Inc. (NSI) helps our customers see more “green” by partnering with them to help them grow their business. We are the only company manufacturing blow molding, injection molding and large-scale thermoforming products dedicated to the nursery industry.
We have an excellent opportunity for a 3rd Shift Supervisor at our Chambersburg, PA plant. This position will provide leadership and supervision of all personnel on the assigned shift for our manufacturing facility. This is a leadership role that requires effective communication and implementation of company goals and objectives. This position reports to the Plant Manager. If you like rolling your sleeves up and getting involved to drive manufacturing excellence, this is the place for you!
- Supervise all personnel on assigned shift.
- Achieve quality of standards and productivity standards.
- Troubleshoot equipment and perform minor repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Coordinate major equipment repairs with Maintenance.
- Communicate and implement the goals and objectives of Nursery Supplies.
- Ensure all employees work in a safe manner at all times and use required safety equipment.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean at all times.
- Program machine controllers to optimize quality and efficiency.
- Generate downtime reports.
- Coordinate production schedule changes.
- Lead personnel to work toward plant goals.
- Lead, support, and embraces a continuous improvement culture.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager or VP of Operations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-10 years in plant manufacturing, preferably plastics related, with at least 5 years in plant supervision experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline. Years of relevant working experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate people, establish goals, and drive continuous performance improvement.
- Must have advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
This position works primarily in a manufacturing plant. Some exposure to fumes and airborne particles for the duration of the shift. The employee works with moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud (protective ear and eye wear must be worn at all times).
While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. You will stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. You will occasionally be required to climb or balance. You must regularly lift and/or move between 25 and 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Nursery Supplies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.