PLANT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Plant Human Resources Manager will assist in ensuring the environment of the manufacturing operations aligns with Nursery Supplies goals, values, and culture. This individual will oversee the operational and strategic functions of human resources for the plant, including, but not limited to, recruitment and onboarding/orientation, payroll administration, benefits administration, employee relations, management coaching, legal compliance, employee development, performance management, and safety.
Human Resource Operations
- Implement all human resources functions and programs.
- Establish positive and collaborative working relationships with department heads and other HR managers.
- Administer existing policies and programs and implement process improvements as needed for all HR services.
- Assist and coach supervisors with employee relations and performance management related matters.
- Ensure HR, benefits, and compensation practices are in compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws.
- Maintain knowledge of current federal and state regulatory requirements and changes.
- Handle all recruitment for open positions for the plant.
- Ensure consistency in the recruitment process.
- Recruit for all plant positions using Applicant Tracking System (we use ApplicantStack).
- Assist the Corporate HR Director and other HR managers in developing an employment brand and proactive recruitment strategies.
- Oversee administration of employee benefits and wellness programs for plant employees, including processing enrollments, terminations, and changes.
- Oversee management of STD, LTD, FMLA, COBRA, and other benefit situations.
- Assist with annual open enrollment meetings for plant employees.
- Serve as the Liaison to plant employees on all benefit related matters.
- Coordinate data collection for ACA reporting with the Corporate HR Director.
- Develop job descriptions for plant positions.
- Develop guidelines for performance evaluations.
- Counsel and advise employees in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Refer employees to EAP providers as needed.
- Draft and disseminate all plant staff communications.
- Handle complex employee relations matters.
Payroll, Unemployment, and Worker's Compensation
- Process payroll for all hourly plant employees.
- Audit payroll to ensure submissions are timely, accurate, and compliant with applicable state laws.
- Ensure unemployment filings are timely and accurate.
- Represent the organization in unemployment hearings.
- Complete annual OSHA Form 300.
- File and respond to worker’s compensation claim and resolve any issues.
- Create, oversee, and enforce safety polices and procedures.
- Assist with the delivery of monthly safety trainings.
- Oversee and track safety compliance and safety meetings for the Chambersburg plant.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR or related field preferred.
- HR Certification preferred (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP).
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on HR management experience required with experience in recruitment, payroll administration, benefit administration, employee relations, compliance (FMLA, ADA, etc.), and performance evaluation experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing/light industrial environment strongly preferred.
- Customer service oriented self-starter with a professional, "can-do" personality and attitude.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, and ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- Strong employee relations skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now and Applicant Tracking Systems).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced tactical HR environment.
- Ability to occasionally work variable hours as needed to accommodate business needs of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Nursery Supplies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls, please.